Friday, April 3, 2015

Job 36:15

"God rescues the afflicted by their affliction; He instructs them by their torment."

This is probably the most mature way any person can view a trial, struggle, or consequence. To realize that difficult times are given to us in order to shape our maturity and decision making is beyond some people, regardless of age. This is also something that's easy to believe when you're not in the midst of a trial. 

Right now life is good for me. I don't know if it's because I'm currently making good decisions, or if God is just heaping blessings on me, but life is simple. I did obediently follow God's leading to move across the country for a ministry position, so maybe my life would be terrible if I had been disobedient. All I can do is speculate, but the bottom line is that it's easy to view trials as loving discipline when I'm in the midst of an easy season.

I'm not so certain that I will have such a mature and humble mindset the next time God uses affliction to discipline me and to save me from further issues, but I hope so. I think this would be the mark of a truly mature disciple of Christ, and I hope that when the trials come, I'll have the maturity necessary to accept the discipline, and see God mercifully saving me from further issues by using perceived torment to set me straight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment